- Authentic Venetian Baroque music in a beautiful setting.
- Internationally acclaimed musicians are performing important music manuscripts rediscovered through their dedicated efforts in musical archaeology.
- The thrill of hearing these artistic treasures performed with historical instruments in the exact style of Vivaldi for the first time in over 300 years.
- Our concerts support the restoration of the church which hosts us.
- Welcome glass of prosecco prior to the performance.
Picture yourself walking into a Venetian church. You are about to hear music that was written to be performed in this space or a similar one in Venice over 300 years ago. Since its inception in 2012, Venice Music Project Ensemble has worked tirelessly to uncover, restore and share lost music from the magnificent Venetian Baroque period with the rest of the world. With this dedication to detail and history, we have unearthed a vast treasure trove of important music manuscripts, and you are among the first people to hear that music in modern day! Every concert contains at least one of these “Hidden Treasures,” and several concerts within each season are entirely dedicated to that theme.
Join our cheering section and help these composers find their voices again.
And, as always, we will Ba-ROCK you!
Recommended by The New York Times in “36 hours in Venice”
Dates: Weekends March through June and September through November.
Time: Please send a request below and we’ll verify available times for you.
Location: St. George’s Anglican Church, Campo San Vio, Dorsoduro 729/A, Venice